Marzipan topped mince piesmince pies by Sophie
Created with reminiscences of cooking by my mum when I was a kid. She made mini apple pies baked with Marzipan instead of pastry lids. Yum.
To make these gluten-free you can use marzipan entirely instead of pastry, but make them small as they will be very sweet then. Jusrol non-butter patries are vegan and dairy-free, or simply make your own with vegan margarine, flour and a little cold water.
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 0.5 pack or equivalent of pastry or just more marzipan
- 1 jar Christmas fruity mincemeat (vegan)
- 1 eating apple, thinly sliced.
- 1 pack of marzipan
- Grease your bun tin baking tray (fairy cake type) with olive oil or vegan margarine.
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas mark 5.
- Roll out your pastry and/or marzipan until about 3mm thick. Cut to fit each of the dips in your baking tin, and place them in, trimming off any excess at the edges.
- At the bottom of each pie place a slice of apple.
- Fill the rest of each pie case with mince meat.
- Cover with a cut-out of marzipan (or pastry if you prefer).
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the marzipan is browning at the edges.
- Serve warm or cooled.
- Difficulty: Beginners
- Preparation: Bake
- Provides: 8 servings
- Yields: lots of little pies
- Vegginess:: Vegan
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 12 minutes
- Total: 22 minutes
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.