Aloo Palak (Spinach with potatoes)phxpma
A popular Indian dish you will find in many restaurants.
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 300g of spinach
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger finely chopped
- 1 big bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsps of oil
- salt to taste
- Wash and drain spinach leaves. Finely chop them.
- Finely chop onions , chilies and tomatoes.
- Boil, peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Heat oil in sauce pan. Add bey leaf and chopped onions. Saute till golden brown. And green chillies and ginger. Saute for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and saute till oil seperates. Add garam masala powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add spinach and salt.
- Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potato cubes and simmer for 2 - 30 mintes.
- Server hot with nan bread, pitta or rice.
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- Total: 40 minutes
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.